2017 Annapolis Running Classic
Date: Saturday, November 18, 2017
Start/Finish location: Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium
550 Taylor Avenue
Annapolis, MD 21401
Start time: 7:30 am PLEASE NOTE CHANGE IN START TIME
Parking Lot Opens: 5:30a.m. Runners must be in stadium parking lot by 7:00 to allow roads to close for race start. The $10 parking is included in your entry fee.
The Annapolis Half is capped at 4,000 runners.
The Annapolis 10k is capped at 1,500 runners. (The 10k sold out in 2015 and 2016, so we raised the cap!)
Note: There is a 3-1/2 hour time limit for both the half marathon and 10k. Police will reopen the roads at 10:30 am and will no longer direct traffic. Runners on the course must move to the sidewalks if directed to do so by police or course monitors.
What you get:
- Half Marathon and 10k Finishers each receive a great premium after the race
- Half Marathon or 10k Finisher’s Medal
- Plenty of water and nuun active on the course and at the finish
- Half marathoners receive a Glukos energy gel at mile 6.5
- Post-race bananas and bagels
- Our award-winning Country Tomato soup and vegetable broth
- Amazing after-party with 2 great bands – The Timmie Metz Band and Dublin 5
- Fordham and Michelob Ultra beer, Bold Rock Cider and Old Dominion Root Beer
- What other race gives you a dozen oysters, grilled or on the half shell for all finishers!
Men’s and Women’s Full-Zip Jacket
- 100% Polyester, 9.7 ounces per linear yard
- Moisture wicking
- Odor resistant
- Stain release
- Contrasting white piping on front of jacket and back of jacket
- 2 side pockets
- Open bottom and cuff design
Embroidery on Half Marathon Jacket
Please note: Women’s X-Small and Small jackets will have the logo on the sleeve since the image area on the front is too small to embroider.
2017 10k Finishers’ Premiums
High performance and high fashion collide in the Topflight Heather tee for women. The moisture-wicking fabric with cover-stitching and reinforced seams provide durability and comfort. The heathered material, V-neck and gorgeous colors provide the fashion.
- 100% Polyester Heather tee, 4.2 ounces per square yard
- Moisture management for all season comfort
- Odor resistant and stain release fabric for easy care
- Neck seam cover-stitched for extra durability
- Double needle cover-stitch hem
- Reinforced shoulder seam
- Tag free V-neck
Men’s Cooling Performance Crew
This tee is made with top-of-the-line sportswear technology to heighten performance during your toughest workouts. With sun defense, moisture-wicking technology, quick stain release, and comfortable fit, the cooling performance crew serves the needs of every athlete. It’s the perfect year-round choice for outdoor sports and exercise. Get the most out of your workout with this tough, hardworking tee.
- A4’s 5-Star 4.0 Ounce Micro Poly Interlock
- Moisture management for all season comfort
- Ultra-tight knit for better opacity and printability
- Stain release and odor resistant for easy care
- Snag resistant for durability
- 30+ UPF for UV sun protection
- Reinforced shoulder seams
- Double needle cover stitch hem
- Transitioning to tag free neck
This year, the ARC medal features the historic Thomas Point Shoal Light, built in 1875. By 1964 it was the last manned light in the Chesapeake Bay, and it was not automated until 1986. It is currently the last unaltered screwpile cottage-type lighthouse on its original foundation in the Chesapeake Bay.
In 2004, ownership of the lighthouse passed to the city of Annapolis, which now maintains the structure in conjunction with Anne Arundel County, the Annapolis Maritime Museum, and the Chesapeake Chapter of the U.S. Lighthouse Society. The United States Coast Guard continues to maintain the navigational aids. It is open to the public three months out of the year.(Source: Wikipedia)
The ribbon features a photo of the Annapolis Yacht Club Wednesday Night Races set against the Chesapeake Bay Bridge.
Overall and Masters
A custom award will be presented to the top three overall male and female finishers and the top male and female masters runners. NO cash prizes are awarded.
Age Group Awards
The top three finishers in each age group will receive awards. Age groups are five year increments, from 15 and under to 70 and over.
The Annapolis Running Classic will use the B-Tag technology which offers runners a more streamlined race experience than the traditional chip system. On race day, the B-Tag remains on your bib to ensure that your time will be recorded. In addition, there are no chips that need to be returned.
Tips to receiving your time and photos:
- B-Tag remains on your bib
- Race bib (number) is clearly visible on the front of the torso
- Race bib is pinned in all four corners
- Race bib is not covered (jackets, runner belts, water bottles, etc.)
- We hate to state the obvious, but if discarding clothing along the course, make sure your bib isn’t attached to it
Plenty of parking is available at the stadium starting at 5:30 am. We recommend arriving before 6:00 because of expected heavy traffic. Roads around the stadium will close around 7:15 am so you must be in the parking lot by 7:00 am. If you plan on picking up your bib before the race allow lots of time. There will be a heated, lighted tent for all runners to gather before the race. There will be no charge for runners to park.
When approaching the stadium from Rowe Boulevard, please follow signs and the directions of parking officials. Cars will be directed into the lot via both Farragut Road and Taylor Avenue, so use both lanes on Rowe Boulevard.
Transfers / Deferrals
Transfers to other runners and deferrals to 2016 can be made through November 1, 1017. To do this, go to the Registration Updates/Deferrals page and log in to your account. Near the bottom of the page, go to My Registered Races, then View/Edit Registration. Click on the proper tab to make your updates.
DEFERRALS: There is a $20 deferral fee.
TRANSFERS BETWEEN EVENTS: There is no fee to change between race distances, but if transferring from the 10k to the half marathon, the difference in entry fee will be charged. No refunds will be made if changing from the half marathon to the 10k.
TRANSFERS TO ANOTHER RUNNER: If you would like to transfer your bib to a friend, you have the option of “gifting” it to them or opting to being reimbursed online after they have purchased the bib. If you are gong to be reimbursed by cash or check, select the “Gift” option.
ALL TRANSFERS AND DEFERRALS MUST BE COMPLETED BY November 1, 2017. No transfers or deferrals can be made after this date, no exceptions!
Water will be available at hydration stations located at approximately:
Half Marathon: miles 1.75, 2.75, 4, 6.5, 7.75, 8.25, 9.75, 12.5
10k: 1.75, 2.75, 4, 5.5
nuun energy will be served at all but the first and last stations.
Glukose energy gels will be located at mile 6.5 on the half marathon course.
Clothing drops will be located at the first and second water stations (miles 1.75 and 2.75). Clothing dropped will be brought back to the Bag Check Area, but there are no guarantees that your items will be there. We suggest you drop clothing that you are willing to donate to an organization that collects clothing for those in need. Drop clothing at your own risk. PLEASE DO NOT HAVE YOUR BIB ATTACHED TO CLOTHING THAT YOU INTEND TO DISCARD.